This very informative video will introduce you to the basice of filing a motion into your family law or civil case. It includes a Q&A session at the end with experienced lawyer Rosemarie LeMoine.
- 0:11 – Clerk’s Introduction
- 03:41 – Library’s Introduction
- 10:06 – What is a Motion?
- 13:34 – Court Rules
- 20:43 – Forms
- 30:41 – Scheduling a Hearing
- 37:33 – Working Papers Submission List
- 39:37 – Using Zoom
- 46:23 – E-Filing
- 46:57 – Q&A
Very often, lawyers write and post very informative articles to their websites or blogs that provide helpful summaries of legal topics. Running a general Google search will surely include some of these articles in their results – but they will be included with all of the other materials found across the internet. Rather than sifting through all of this unwanted “noise,” you can restrict your search just to law firm websites with a search engine built for this very purpose!
You can read more about the engine HERE.
Or you can go straight to the search engine here: Law Firm Search Engine
Presented with the help of the King County Superior Court Clerk’s Office, this webinar introduces you to the basics of filing for – and responding to – a minor guardianship.
- 00:11 – Remarks from the Clerk’s Office
- 03:40 – Preliminary matters
- 10:20 – What is Minor Guardianship?
- 11:18 – What changed in 2021?
- 12:03 – Emergency Minor Guardianship
- 15:52 – A few words about forms
- 18:35 – Immediate motions/orders
- 22:58 – Non-emergency Minor Guardianship
- 34:07 – Responding to a petition for Minor Guardianship
- 40:31 – A few words about Zoom
- 46:27 – Scheduling hearings
- 46:57 – EFiling
- 47:30 – Q & A