If you’re involved in a family law case, you may have the option of going through an INFORMAL trial – rather than the typical/formal type. There are plenty of differences, but the general idea is that if both parties agree to it, the actual trial an easier process for non-lawyers. This video will give you a quick introduction.
- 00:36 – What IS an informal family law trial?
- 01:16 – Can I speak directly to the judge?
- 02:36 – What evidence does the judge consider?
- 07:32 – What is the importance of the Case Schedule?
- 08:15 – What is the pretrial conference order?
- 11:17 – Who gets to ask questions?
- 11:50 – Who can be a witness?
- 13:48 – Can I ask the witness questions?
(In order of appearance in video)
King Co. local court rules