This webinar – featuring guest speakers from the King County Superior Court Clerk’s Ex Parte Department and a Superior Court Commissioner – will introduce you to the process of acquiring guardianship, as well as some important alternatives.
File Downloads Made Available
- Adult Guardianships in Washington – Presentation
- Ex Parte Department Information Regarding Guardianships
- King County Local Form: Notice of Hearing (GDN ALL 005)
- Ex Parte Department Emergency Motions
- Ex Parte Department Information regarding new laws effective January 1, 2022:
IMPORTANT: New Guardianship Law Effective January 1, 2022
Effective immediately, there are substantial changes to established procedures for processing of Guardianships of Adults, Conservatorships or Adults and Minors, and Other Protective Arrangements in King County Superior Court. Please review this summary of important changes to better understand what this change means for lay guardians, practitioners, and Court Visitors in King County. This document is not an exhaustive list of all policies, issues or possible hearings that can occur. You should consult the law (RCW 11.130) and/or consult an attorney.
- General Order Re Case Management of Guardianships, Conservatorships, and Other Protective Arrangements
- All forms related to Guardianships, Conservatorship, or Other Protective Arrangements (Mandatory Use)
- General Information Sheet – New Guardianship Law RCW 11.130 effective January 1, 2022
- Information Sheet for Current Guardians – New Washington Guardianship Law
All parties and persons are encouraged to monitor this site regularly for updates. In addition, to receive important text and/or email notices from the Clerk sign-up to receive Clerk’s Alerts.