Home » Links » Page 5

Category: Links

Unemployment Hearings

Washington State Office of Administrative Hearings created this webpage to answer Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) regarding Unemployment Hearings, also available in Spanish (en espanol) with an attached blank copy of a Request for Interpreter form.

Tips for Helping Children Deal with Divorce

This link leads to a document prepared by the staff of the Northwest Justice Project, available in both HTML and PDF formats, that helps to answer the following questions related to children and divorce:

  • What can I do before I even have children?
  • My spouse/partner and I fight all the time. It seems like dissolution would be only a good thing for my children as well as us parents.
  • Can I do anything to help protect my children from any negative effects of my dissolution?
  • How can we keep our children out of the middle of our dissolution?
  • Should we talk about the divorce with or around the children?
  • Is there anything the dissolution process can do to help?
  • What if I need legal help?

State Registered Domestic Partnership Information

Effective December 3, 2009, ESSSB 5688 provides that for all purposes under Washington State law, state registered domestic partners shall be treated the same as married spouses and that provisions of the act shall be liberally construed to achieve equal treatment, to the extent not in  conflict with federal law. To register a domestic partnership, a couple will need to complete the Declaration of Domestic Partnership form, sign the declaration form in the presence of a notary public, and submit the form and the filing fee to the Washington Secretary of State Corporations Division for filing.

Small Estate Affidavit Procedure

The affidavit procedure allows people who are entitled to a dead person’s (also called a decedent’s) personal property to get that property without going through probate. This is done by filling out an affidavit and delivering it to the person or organization holding the property. The procedure does not apply to real property, such as a house or land. Personal property is anything that is not real property.

Simple Dissolution (Divorce) Packet

This link leads to a PDF copy of King County Superior Court’s Simple Dissolution (Divorce) Packet.  If you have already filed for divorce, do not have any minor children and you and your spouse completely agree about your property, you can use this packet to apply for additional help to complete your divorce.

Seattle Risk Management Division

The Seattle Risk Management Division provides the citizens of Seattle with the following services:investigates and adjusts claims filed by citizens who allege they have been damaged by the negligent act of the City or its employees; advises City departments on ways to reduce or avoid losses; reviews City department contract work scopes to specify appropriate insurance and indemnification language; administers all of the City’s liability, property insurance policies and its self-insurance program.