Debt Collection Defense Clinic:
NLD Walk-In Clinic:
- Every Wednesday in the Seattle Library from 11:15 am – 1:30 pm
- 30-minute meeting
- This clinic uses a lottery to determine when you will be seen. Please arrive promptly at 11:15 to receive your lottery number. Arriving earlier will not help. Clinic staff will draw lottery numbers and see people in that order.
- Focused on civil legal and procedural questions
- Sponsored by the New Lawyers Division of the King County Bar Association
Neighborhood Legal Clinic’s Downtown Clinic:
- Every Thursday in the Seattle Library from Noon – 2:00 pm
- 30-minute meeting
- Appointment required; please call (206) 267-7070
- Focused on civil legal and procedural questions. The Downtown Clinic is one of several neighborhood legal clinics sponsored by KCBA. For information about services provided at the other clinic locations please visit the KCBA’s Neighborhood Legal Clinics web site.
- Sponsored by the King County Bar Association
Find other free and low cost legal help in King County here.
How to Get the Most Out of Your Visit to a Free Legal Clinic
Generally, you will only have about 30 minutes to meet with an attorney. To get the most out of your visit, be as prepared as possible:
- If you already have forms, fill out as much as you can on your own.
- Do not walk into a clinic with a stack of blank forms.
- The attorney will not have time to go through all of your forms with you.
- Only ask the attorney about the sections of the form that are confusing. Mark them with sticky notes so that you can locate them quickly.
- Have a short and succinct version of the facts of your case prepared.
- Have a written outline or timeline of the facts prepared in advance, so that the attorney can quickly get a sense of the issue.
- Do not get bogged down with unnecessary details or casting blame.
- Do as much research on the law of your case as you can beforehand.
- The more you know about the law of your case, the better the attorney can guide you towards the next steps.
- Pick the one issue that you are having the most trouble with or that is the most immediate concern
- Where are you on your case schedule?
- Have you been served with a document that you do not know how to respond to?
Seattle Library Legal Clinics Calendar:
Now: 5:54 am
12:00 pm Neighborhood Legal Clinic’s Downtown Clinic
Neighborhood Legal Clinic’s Downtown Clinic
Jan 23 @ 12:00 pm – 2:00 pm
Every Thursday in the Seattle Library from Noon – 2:00 pm 30-minute meeting Appointment required; please call (206) 267-7070 Focused on civil legal and procedural questions. The Downtown Clinic is one of several neighborhood legal …
6:30 pm Working It Out With the Other Side @ Burien Library (KCLS)
Download your copy of the clinic schedule here.